1.8

Going back to 2015, I have been paying $2.99/m for OnlineFaxes.com, which I rarely used, but was good when I needed to fax something. Recently, though, I noticed on my checking account statement that the rate jumped to $9.99/m starting in October after OnlineFaxes.com was acquired by eFax.

While I found an email from 9/21/17 stating the acquisition, nothing was mentioned about the 334%+ rate increase. When I contacted them today via their Chat box, I was informed that I could not get a refund, not even for the payment that was automatically taken out just two days ago.

I tried hard not to laugh out loud when I saw that eFax, with their lack of being forthright about the 334%+ rate increase is located in Los Angeles. Do they not have laws in California about giving advanced warning about such rate increases and giving people the ability to opt out?

Product or Service Mentioned: Efax Fax Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Refund since rate increase in October. Already cancelled service 12/7/17..

eFax Pros: Fact that i can fax from my computer.

• J2 Efax

Comments

Are you kidding? Online faxes was one of the most mismanaged companies I've ever seen.

Efax had to raise prices to a level they should have been to make money. Online faxes was bleeding money for years.

By the way, that customer agreement you accepted when you signed up?

You gave efax the green light to take your account and increase prices. Really should read those.

Same problem here. I'll dispute the charges with my CC carrier since I never authorized efax to charge my card.