Can't cancel mandatory autopay without calling them

You have to call and get talk to them to cancel otherwise you will continue to be billed. No way to cancel online even though you can set up online.

Paid $33 before I could cancel and never sent one fax. Beware. Don't get tempted to use this service. When I tried to cancel they wanted to convert me to another plan even though I explained I never used it.

Try another company. Sorry this is so long, this site requires one hundred words so I will keep typing. Seriously, who wants to complain for 70 extra words LOL.

Time to get on with my day, wasting my time on yet another dumb corporate policy lol. Almost finished, yay, now on to life

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Leslie H Hck

Just absolutely terrible customer service.

The fax service works, but their customer service is just the worst. I only had to fax a few things one day, and then wanted to cancel my account.

I was unable to figure out online or on the app how to cancel, even though it says on their website that you can cancel both of those ways. I sent them an email asking how to do it. No one ever answered, and I just forgot about it. Then, I noticed they billed me.

Without ever even answering my email. I called them, and they said that they don't do refunds, and they never received my email. I told them I emailed them on their site, so I don't have a copy of it, but I remember it said "email sent." They still told me I was wrong. Very rude people.

Just absolutely horrible customer service. Don't use this unless you want to pay for a service you don't even use.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Absolutely terrible customer service
  • Getting ripped off
  • No online or email cancelation

Shian Juu

Cancellation was easy and hustle free.

I did not get the chance to use the their services.i just decided to cancel because i didnt want to pay for something i was not using.

map-marker Los Angeles, California

E-Fax are Thieves!

E-Fax ( aka EFax ) are THIEVES!!! The refuse to recognize when you cancel and keep charging you.

In my case, when I got to the supervisor, Chris, I was told that "It's against our policy to get refunds" (even when charged for a cancelled service). When I stated I would take it up with my bank, Chris threatened to place negative commentary on my credit report. Even after a fair amount of annoyance, I was only able to get a verbal confirmation that my account was cancelled. I viewed that as worthless since the previous verbal cancellations were meaningless.

When you go to cancel, the customer support also play a ton of word games. In my case, it got so ridiculous that they claimed they didn't understand such basic statements as "cancel my account immediately!" and "Cancel my account today!". Like others, I eventually had to get my bank to block E-Fax from making any charges against my card. This is in addition to the fact that when I did use the FAX service, it was pretty poor and took multiple attempts to send even the most basic FAX or get a reciept.

E-Fax is a company of thieves. Avoid them however you can and never let them have any of your financial or personal data!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Would not refund prorated payment for unused 10 months
  • No online or email cancelation
  • Bunch of thieves
Dishonest - DIdn't cancel - Refused refund

Too Expensive and Canceling is Brutal

When you sign up, just know that they make it a pain in the butt to cancel your service. I sent an email....

not good enough. They said you could cancel from an online chat.. I tried, they said that it was the wrong dept.. transfer took FOREVER.

Got the right person, I expressed that I would like to cancel, gave the account number... no response FOREVER, so i said thanks and goodbye. I received an email from them stating that my account has not been canceled because I hug up on the on line chat..... GRR =( My account is still apparently still active.

There service is very expensive...

Our issue was bulk faxing. It turns out at their pricing we were able to buy a business fax that can send 70 pages at a time

Jadriel Djo

Efax Bought OnlineFaxes.com & Raised Rates 334% with No Notice of Rate Increase

Going back to 2015, I have been paying $2.99/m for OnlineFaxes.com, which I rarely used, but was good when I needed to fax something. Recently, though, I noticed on my checking account statement that the rate jumped to $9.99/m starting in October after OnlineFaxes.com was acquired by eFax.

While I found an email from 9/21/17 stating the acquisition, nothing was mentioned about the 334%+ rate increase. When I contacted them today via their Chat box, I was informed that I could not get a refund, not even for the payment that was automatically taken out just two days ago.

I tried hard not to laugh out loud when I saw that eFax, with their lack of being forthright about the 334%+ rate increase is located in Los Angeles. Do they not have laws in California about giving advanced warning about such rate increases and giving people the ability to opt out?

Loss:
Pros:
  • Fact that i can fax from my computer
Pricing issue

Preferred solution: Refund since rate increase in October. Already cancelled service 12/7/17.

Guest

Are you kidding? Online faxes was one of the most mismanaged companies I've ever seen.

Efax had to raise prices to a level they should have been to make money. Online faxes was bleeding money for years.

By the way, that customer agreement you accepted when you signed up?

You gave efax the green light to take your account and increase prices. Really should read those.

Guest

Same problem here. I'll dispute the charges with my CC carrier since I never authorized efax to charge my card.

View more comments (1)

Efax bought fax87 and now I'm dealing with multiple problems

I had services with fax87 for years at a low rate annually. Out of nowhere, I received a notice and popup when singing into my fax87 account that efax bought them out and now my service is with efax.

I get multiple calls and complaints about information sent to be via fax. Turns out my fax number in efax possession now is not working and disconnected for no reason for over 2 weeks now. Contacted customer support. First 2 people have no idea and bounced me around.

The 3rd lady, barely speaks English, said she will escalate it to senior engineer to fix the problem within 24 hours and I will get an email confirming it's fix. 24 hours passed. Still not fix. Contacted customer service, cannot reach anyone.

Auto response and selection only. Tried chatting. Verbatim responses and keep repeating 24 hours again and again. It's been 2 weeks without fax.

My business suffering. I'm frustrated and does not seems to be alone seeing all kinds of bad reviews and complaints about efax. Also, I checked my account. My rate is triple now with efax in compare to fax87.

Ridiculous. Will see when they will fix the fax service.

I will cancel and transfer service soon. This is ridiculous!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Getting ripped off
  • Service and customer service
  • Company is a total fraud
Bad quality

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Guest

I had Fax87 from July 2011 until I went to send a fax in early 2018 and the regular Fax87 login page tells me it is now eFax. I attempted to login because I needed to send a fax but couldn't login to send it.

Calls to eFax revealed that Fax87 customers hadn't been converted to the eFax platform. I was told I could download an app to my phone to use until my account was moved over to their platform. I explained that the document I needed to send was on my computer. Finally I guess I was connected to someone that actually understood my problem and he directed me to a webpage where I could download a program to my laptop that allowed me to send the fax.

Other than the notification on the Fax87 home page I never received any communications regarding the change over. I had been paying Fax87 an annual fee of $71.88 for their service and at no time was I informed what eFax would be charging me until eFax attempted to charge my credit card $99.99 (a whopping 39%+ increase) for an annual subscription on 6/28/2018. I would have caught it until I got a statement at the end of July except my CC flagged it a possible fraud and contacted me. I contacted eFax and got told that the $99.99 was a special rate for Fax87 customers or I could optional pay $9.99 a month.

Their website now works but my biggest issue is their failure to communicate to Fax87 customers (me) anything. I will in all probability search for an alternative, but I would like to keep the same fax number, so I may be stuck with them.

E Fax scammers

Had eFax for a couple of months, decided to discontinue! Really poor customer service!

You can sign up online, but no online cancelation.

Agent probably from India, barely could understand! Took an hour to cancel!

Could not cancel Fax87 for a refund after it was paid one year in advance

auto credit card payment for a year {aug,2018} when discovered Oct 20 2017, refused a prorated refund a not being their policy. No warning that automated bill be sent to credit card Co.

Called company ,refused return of unused months. Online Fax company , had forgotten them as they have not been used for several months.The payment was made through American Express automated and was just noticed just wanted a refund for the remainder of 2017 and the rest of 2018,they have to flip a switch to discontinue the service .

Why would I pay for 10 months worth of service that I can't use,. Just received a flat refusal of reimbursement,and room for anything else

Loss:
Cons:
  • Would not refund prorated payment for unused 10 months
refund of unused 10 months

Preferred solution: Price reduction

No customer support

My fax line stopped working. Calls would not go through.

I called customer service and they would let me know within 24 hours. 2 days later, I called back, said give them another 24 hours. Called back 2 days later, still no resolution. No fax line for almost a week.

Had Online Fax for 5 years and never had a problem. eFax bought out Online Fax and a month or 2 later no fax line.

Support cannot seem to fix the problem. How can they let a customer go without a fax line for almost a week and not at least email them and let them know that is happening.

Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund and allow me to port fax number to another service.

Noha Vmk

Fraudulent charges on credit card on free trial

Don't use this unless you want surprise charges on your credit card. They will charge you by the length of time it is to process the fax even though in the trial they market it as free 150 pages.

The faxes I sent were incredibly slow and a week later I received multiple $10 fees charged on my credit card which was something I didnt approve, nor was I notified at the time of the transaction or via email.

When speaking to the company, they wouldn't reverse the charges, but my bank has. Dont use this!!!

Problems with payment

Efax sucks

This company is ridiculous with lousy customer service. The phone reps can't be understood - English is not their first language.

I 'chatted' with one of their reps about my problem. They cancelled my account after I disputed a $10.00 charge after paying $169.50 for a year. Said I faxed over 150 pages when it was actually 66. I asked to be reinstated and they said it would cost me $14.05.

I'd have to pay the original $10 with an ADDITIONAL $4.05 reactivation fee. The rep absolutely refused to refund my annual fee (45 days of service). I asked to chat with a supervisor and was told I had to call to get one.

Again, why would I call when I can't understand a word they are saying. I am disputing with my credit card company and have switched to HelloFax.

Pricing issue
Guest

I gat so many junk e mails from e Fax and I have also called them to try to stop it. They are NASTY and what a crap company. The only thing to do regarding e Fax is to just delete anything that comes from them.

Kellin Ejd

eFax will disappoint and frustrate you. It does not work as well as claimed, can't easily handle larger files as claimed and you will receive a ton of junk efaxes.

And then even more junk. Customer service is ineffective. You will pay, no performance, no refunds. It's one of the worst services of this type.

The only area it excels at is disappointment. Find any alternative

Guest

Efax sucks. They make it near impossible to cancel with a required phone call, long hold times and will charge your credit card whenever possible.

Guest

I just switched to SRfax.com after being held hostage by eFAX for well over a decade. SRfax is only $3.29/mo on their entry plan with 25 pages included (10 cents per page over that).

They also allow me to change the subject line in stored faxes. And they can be used in a manner that is HIPPA compliant if you need extra privacy.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1378444

And they verbally told me I can port out the number they assigned me. I am having that confirmed in writing. eFAX was holding us hostage and not allowing us to port our number out.

Guest

Im pretty sure anonymous is EFax owner commenting on everyone's statements in defense of its bulls***. Pretty sure.

You're an ***.

Charge backs cost money. So ya there's a reactivation fee because your dumb *** didn't contact then first about it.

Guest

So you dispute a charge they made without going to them first? ***

View more comments (7)
Aleenah Drb

Efax keeps charging annual sub. and won't cancel my account

Many many years ago I opened an efax account for my business. A few years later I resigned from the business leaving it with my business partner.

Problem was efax account was set up with my credit card and could not be changed. So I changed my card number....three times, but somehow efax manage to track my credit card number and keep charging to this day. This was just about ok as my ex business partner paid me back, but now that company has folded. I've mailed efax requesting cancellation and strongly complaining about them tracking and billing my credit card.

I got one reply from efax on Jan 4, 2017 requesting more info which I replied to that same day with the requested info.....But now find they have billed my most recent credit card again. Annoyed to sat the least....And will again complain to my bank.

Guest

They don't track your card. Your card company gives it to them.

map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Like the 80's, eFax just won't go away

Every now and then you really need cutting-edge 1980's technology, like when you have to dig the VCR out of the basement to view your wedding video (on the occasion of your 40th anniversary) ...or when someone wants to send you a fax.

When that happens, eFax will be there.

Unfortunately, while you can put the VCR back in the basement, eFax CEO Hemi Zucker presides over a company that refuses to go away. After you send that one fax, you'll continue to be billed, month after month, because eFax will only cancel your service if you CALL them and allow a sales rep to hassle you for a while.

Yup, a company designed to route faxes into your email will only take cancellations by live voice! Apparently Hemi doesn't get irony.

This business model, like fax technology itself, is antique, but it still works so well. You know what that cancellation phone call is going to be like, so instead you'll search -- and search -- for the "chat" button that is supposed to be there on the eFax website (but isn't). Eventually you'll get distracted, and Internet leach Hemi Zucker will bleed your bank account for another month's subscription fee.

Look, everyone wants to convert his product into a subscription service because everyone knows that you'll forget to cancel, at least for a while. But at least ethical companies will let you cancel with ease when you finally remember to do so. Hemi Zucker and his management team don't seem to have that much class.

My Recommendation: if you need to fax something, call the phone company and have them install a second phone line, then go online and buy a vintage fax machine. Then buy toner and paper and spend an hour or so setting it up. When you're done, sell the fax machine and have the phone company come and disconnect the line. In the end it will still be less hassle than dealing with eFax.

Pros:
  • You can check in any time you like
Cons:
  • But you can never leave
Shaylin Guq
map-marker Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg

DONT TOUCH IT

Just don't do it. They keep billing and billing without any right to do so. You cannot cancel the account, no matter how hard you try. I didnt even want to have any subscription, bust was trying to just send a single fax. Without notice they put my account into "pro" and started billing my creditcard. I have contacted my CC-Company to deny this company access to my cc and hopefully that will be the way to finally cancel the subscription.

I would highly recommend for everybody to avoid the company J2 entirely. There might be better alternatives out there. Under no circumstance does it make sense though, to try eFax or any of their products!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Product
  • Customer service
  • Price

Guest

I agree with you. I just got off the phone with them, They bought maxmail, a company that charged $7.99 to use their fax service.

I was a customer. Month one, Efax automatically charged me more than double the amount. I responded requesting that they cancel the account and they tried to give me a discount, which I declined. Month two, I received another charge, so I emailed again explaining that I had canceled.

I received a reply telling me that in order to cancel I needed to call a number. I just called and explain the situation, but the efax employee was not able to give me a refund.

Now they are telling me that the account is closed. Bad company with predatory practices!

Guest

By putting you in pro account, you mean you didn't bother to read the part that said after 30 days, you move to a paid subscription.

It's not their fault you're a ***. You don't goto your cable company and say you didn't watch TV for a month so you deserve a refund.

View more comments (1)